Detailseite wird geladen...
For centuries, it had been the favourite Arabic cookery book of the Turks. The original manuscript, formerly held in the library of the Aya Sofya Mosque, is still in Istanbul; it is now MS Ayasofya 3710 in the Sleymaniye Library. At some point a Turkish sultan commissioned very a handsome copy, now MS Oriental 5099 in the British Library in London. At a still later time, a total of about 260 recipes were added to Kitb al Tabkh's original 160 and the expanded edition was retitled Kitb Wasf al-Atima al-Mutada (my translation of it also appears in Medieval Arab Cookery); three currently known copies of K.Wasf survive, all in Turkey - two of them in the library of the Topkapi Palace, showing the Turks' high regard for this book. Finally, in the late fifteenth century Sirvni made a Turkish translation of Kitb al Tabkh, to which he added some recipes current in his own day, the first Turkish cookery book. cooking,cooking,history,iraq,middle east,regional and international,science and math,social science,social sciences,syria Holiday Cooking, Prospect Books
used. Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten.
2001, ISBN: 9781903018422
This special issue of Petits Propos Culinaires is wholly devoted to a new translation of the text called, for convenience' sake, A Baghdad Cookery Book, that is, The Book of Dishes (Kitab al-Tabikh) by Muhammad b. al-Hasan b. Muhammad b. al-Karim, the scribe of Baghdad, usually called Al Baghdadi. This thirteenth-century text was for a long while the only medieval Arab manuscript available in English thanks to the translation, in the 1930s, by A.J. Arberry which was subsequently re-published by Prospect Books in 2001 in Medieval Arab Cookery. In this new translation Charles Perry corrects many errors and misreadings that had crept into early transcriptions. Here we have spread before us, as if on a glorious sideboard, the immense wealth and ingenuity of cooking in the golden age of Arab civilisation. We can detect the influence of Persia, as well as echoes of the Bedouin life, and even the mark of the infidel Christian crusaders. Books
Nr. Versandkosten:, , zzgl. Versandkosten.
2006, ISBN: 9781903018422
Paperback, Gebraucht, Excellent customer service. Prompt Customer Service. Buy with confidence. Ships Fast. 24*7 Customer Service., [PU: Prospect Books (UK)]
Paperback, [PU: PROSPECT BOOKS], Special issue of the journal Petits propos culinaires, ISSN 0142-4857, PPC 79., National & Regional Cuisine
Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei. (EUR 0.00)
Detailangaben zum Buch - A Baghdad Cookery Book: The Book of Dishes (Kitab Al-Tabikh)
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781903018422
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1903018420
Herausgeber: Prospect Books
Gewicht: 0,181 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 06.06.2007 17:03:15
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 16.01.2018 00:52:07
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "La Varenne's Cookery: The French Cook; The French Pastry Chef; The French Confectioner", von "De La Varenne, Francois Pierre; La Varenne, Francois Pierre De; Francois Pierre De La Varenne, Translate" (9781903018415)
- "Wild Food: Proceedings of the Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery 2004", von "Herausgeber: Hosking, Richard" (9781903018439)
- "The Centaur's Kitchen: A Book of French, Italian, Greek and Catalan Dishes for Blue Funnel Ships", von "Gray, Patience" (9781903018408)
- "Cooking Apicius: Roman Recipes for Today", von "Grainger, Sally" (9781903018446)
- "A New and Easy Method of Cookery", von "Cleland, Elizabeth" (9781903018392)
- "Spices and Comfits: Collected Papers on Medieval Food", von "Van Winter, Johanna Maria; Winter, Johanna Maria" (9781903018453)