Detailseite wird geladen...
Would you teach someone to play basketball using just chalkboard diagrams? Or would you get them on the court and have them play? In basketball, the answer is easy -- you do both. So why teach politics only as a spectator sport? Senator Bob Graham believes that US citizens should expand on their classroom learning about the political system: he spurs them to hit the court and actually play the game. If citizens work on an issue they care about, politics will become a meaningful and positive experience. This short, how-to guide takes readers out of theoretical discussions of policy and into a world where they can affect change. Graham's goal is to have readers identify a problem, and then walk them through each step from researching the issue, to getting others involved, to engaging the media. Each chapter starts with a real case, showing citizens tackling a step in the process, and ends with a summary checklist and a series of questions that help readers put Graham's game plan in action. By offering readers concrete guidance, an array of resources, and advice for troubleshooting and overcoming barriers, this compact user's guide gets readers way beyond textbook learning. This book is the culmination of his efforts that began after a year in the state legislature more than 30 years ago, when Senator Graham took on the challenge of civic education at one school in Jacksonville. His time as both a governor and a senator has only strengthened hi education,education and reference,elections and political process,general,government,human rights,political advocacy,political science,politics and government,politics and social sciences Human Rights, CQ Press
used Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten
2009, ISBN: 9781604264760
Trade paperback, New., Trade paperback (US). Glued binding. 272 p. SHIPS WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION WORLDWIDE., Washington, DC, [PU: CQ Press]
One Stop Music Shop Inc.
[EAN: 9781604264760], Neubuch, [PU: CQ Press], Political Science|General, Education|General, 1604264764 New Condition.
Cloud 9 Books, West Palm Beach, FL, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK Versandkosten: EUR 4.99
2009, ISBN: 9781604264760
CQ Press, 2009-03-23. Paperback. Good. Expedited shipping is available for this item!, CQ Press, 2009-03-23
Green Forest Books
Versandkosten: EUR 4.00
2009, ISBN: 1604264764
[EAN: 9781604264760], [PU: CQ Press], Political Science|General, Education|General
Ergodebooks, RICHMOND, TX, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
Versandkosten: EUR 3.99
America, the Owner's Manual: Making Government Work for You
Detailangaben zum Buch - America, the Owner's Manual: Making Government Work for You
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781604264760
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1604264764
Herausgeber: CQ PR
Gewicht: 0,272 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 09.12.2009 20:10:46
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 21.11.2016 21:41:09
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "U.S. Environmental Policy and Politics: A Documentary History", von "Hillstrom, Kevin; Hillstrom, Laurie" (9781604264753)
- "CQ Almanac Plus", von "Congressional Quarterly" (9781604264777)
- "Vital Statistics on American Politics: The Definitive Source for Data and Analysis on the U.S. Politics and Government", von "Stanley, Harold W.; Niemi, Richard G." (9781604264784)
- "Public Policy: Politics, Analysis, and Alternatives, 2nd Edition + Issues For Debate In American Public Policy, 9th Edition Package", von "Michael E Kraft" (9781604264722)
- "The New York Times Reader: Arts and Culture", von "McLeese, Don" (9781604264807)
- "The New York Times on Emerging Democracies in Eastern Europe", von "King, Mary" (9781604264715)