Detailseite wird geladen...
Discover the rich history, current challenges, and future possibilities of public library services with the revision of the text Library Journal called "a treasure." Praise for the previous edition: "The work as a whole is a treasure, an essential tool for the LIS teacher. Kudos to McCook for this massive reservoir of original research and thoughtful analysis that will serve as a correction to its less-thorough predecessors." - Library Journal Here is the much anticipated second edition of author Kathleen de la Pe a McCook's groundbreaking one-of-a-kind resource that is used in libraries and universities across the nation and definitively sets the standard for public librarianship literature. Cited as one of the top twenty researchers in library science, de la Pe a McCook, a distinguished university professor and renowned public library scholar, has thoroughly revised and updated every one of the book's chapters to provide both professionals and LIS students with the most current and comprehensive introduction to public librarianship. McCook covers every aspect of the public library, from its earliest history to its current incarnation in the 21st century information environment. Following three engaging chapters on the history of public libraries, her thorough Table of Contents includes: * Statistics, Standards, Planning, Evaluations and Results * Organization, Law, Funding, Politics, Publicity * Administration and Staffing * Structure and Infrastructure. Web sites. Library education,education and reference,humanities,instruction methods,library and information science,politics and social sciences,schools and teaching,social sciences,textbooks Instruction Methods, Neal-Schuman Publishers, Incorporated
used. Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten.
2011, ISBN: 1555706975, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: NEAL-SCHUMAN PUB INC, 523 Seiten, L=229mm, B=150mm, H=33mm, Gew.=816gr, [GR: 27340 - TB/Verlagswesen], [SW: - Reference], Kartoniert/Broschiert, Klappentext: This second edition has been revised and updated to provide both professionals and LIS students with the most current and comprehensive introduction to public librarianship. The author covers every aspect of the public library, from its earliest history to its current incarnation in the 21st century. [Ausgabe: 0002] This second edition has been revised and updated to provide both professionals and LIS students with the most current and comprehensive introduction to public librarianship. The author covers every aspect of the public library, from its earliest history to its current incarnation in the 21st century.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
2011, ISBN: 9781555706975
[ED: 2], 2nd Revised edition, Softcover, Buch, [PU: Neal-Schuman Publishers Inc]
Versandkosten:Versand in 10-20 Tagen, , No shipping costs to Germany (EUR 0.00)
Detailangaben zum Buch - Introduction to Public Librarianship
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781555706975
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1555706975
Herausgeber: NEAL-SCHUMAN PUB INC
Gewicht: 0,816 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 31.12.2012 17:46:33
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 04.12.2017 21:24:47
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "Acquisitions in the New Information Universe: Core Competencies and Ethical Practices", von "Jesse Holden" (9781555706968)
- "The New Information Professional", von "Lawson, Judy/ Kroll, Joanna/ Kowatch, Kelly" (9781555706982)
- "1,000 Fingerplays & Action Rhymes: A Sourcebook & DVD", von "Scott, Barbara" (9781555706951)
- "Structures for Organizing Knowledge: Exploring Taxonomies, Ontologies, and Other Schema", von "Abbas, June" (9781555706999)
- "Digital Curation: A How-To-Do-It Manual (How-To-Do-It Manuals (Numbered))", von "Harvey, Ross; Harvey, D. R. (Douglas Ross)" (9781555706944)
- "Winning Grants: A How-To-Do-It Manual for Librarians with Multimedia Tutorials and Grant Development Tools (How-to-Do-It Manuals) (How-To-Do-It Manuals for Librarians (Numbered))", von "Pamela H. Mackellar, Stephanie K. Gerding" (9781555707002)