Detailseite wird geladen...
In this book, Susan Gluck Mezey examines LGBT policymaking over the last several decades, highlighting advances in LGBT rights as well as formidable challenges that still confront the LGBT community. With an emphasis on courts, she traces developments in the struggles for LGBT rights in the United States and abroad. The chapters focus on employment discrimination, transgender rights, marriage equality, and the ongoing battles over discrimination against same-sex couples and transgender persons in education, employment, and public accommodations. It also adds a global perspective by appraising issues affecting LGBT rights in other parts of the world, discussing claims of discrimination in the Canadian and South African courts as well as in the European Court of Human Rights. Mezey provides a succinct and accessible guide to the debates over sexual orientation and gender identity, evaluating the roles played by state and federal courts, legislatures, and chief executives in formulating and implementing LGBT policy. Suitable as an up-to-date resource for anyone interested in LGBT rights, Beyond Marriage will also help students in upper-level classes focusing on judicial politics, public policymaking, family law, civil rights, gender policy, and minority group politics understand ways forward for the LGBT community in the political realm. 9781442248649,9781442248632,1442248645,1442248637,1442248629,9781442248625 Other pricing structure might be available at vitalsource.com., Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group
9781442248649,9781442248632,1442248645,1442248637,1442248629,9781442248625 Versandkosten:plus shipping costs, zzgl. Versandkosten
Beyond Marriage: Continuing Battles for LGBT Rights Beyond-Marriage~~Susan-Gluck-Mezey Current Affairs>Domestic Affairs>Domestic Affairs NOOK Book (eBook), Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
new Versandkosten:plus shipping costs, zzgl. Versandkosten
Detailangaben zum Buch - Beyond Marriage: Continuing Battles for LGBT Rights
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781442248632
Herausgeber: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
Buch in der Datenbank seit 07.10.2017 09:09:47
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 07.10.2017 09:09:47
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "Beyond Marriage", von "Susan Gluck Mezey" (9781442248649)
- "A Working People: A History of African American Workers Since Emancipation", von "Reich, Steven A." (9781442248618)
- "Talking to Your Doctor", von "Berger, Zackary" (9781442248656)
- "Historical Dictionary of the Olympic Movement", von "John Grasso, Bill Mallon, Jeroen Heijmans" (9781442248601)
- "Eating Dangerously: Why The Government Can't Keep Your Food Safe ... And How You Can", von "Michael Booth, Jennifer Brown" (9781442248663)
- "Historical Dictionary Of The Olympic Movement", von "John Grasso, Bill Mallon, Jeroen Heijmans" (9781442248595)