Detailseite wird geladen...
The Catechist's Manual: Or Suggestions for Lecturing on St. Mark's Gospel (1855) (Paperback) - Taschenbuch
2009, ISBN: 112073374X
[EAN: 9781120733740], Neubuch, [PU: Kessinger Publishing, United States], Brand New Book ***** Print on Demand *****.This book is a facsimile reprint and may contain imperfections such as marks, notations, marginalia and flawed pages.Purchase of this book includes free trial access to where you can read more than a million books for free. This is an OCR edition with typos. Excerpt from book: expressive symbols. The same may be. observed of his custom of teaching by Parables. But it is not to any of these points that the Evangelist alludes, when he describes his hearers as astonished at his ' doctrine' or teaching, and alleges as a reason, that ' he taught as one that had authority, and not as the Scribes.' The novelty and singularity of -which he speaks is, that Jesus assumed the office not merely of expound- ing Scripture, as did all the doctors of the Law, but of making assertions on his own independent authority. The Scribes were accustomed to teach thus, 'It is written, ' or ' It is said by them of old time;' but Jesus taught thus, ' I say unto you.' Nor was it by his language only that he made known his claim to independent authority; but by his acts also. Whilst he generally conformed to the Jewish law, he occa- sionally violated it, so as to attract notice to the viola- tion; intimating thereby what he likewise said plainly, ' the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath;' ' all power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.'t THE MIRACLES OF JESUS. Ver. 23?45. And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, saying. Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth P art thou come to destroy us P I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God. And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him. And they were Mark ii. 28. f Matth. xxviii. 18. Iall amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this P what new doctrine is this P for with authority he commandeth eveu the unclean spirits, and they do ohey him. And immediately his fame spread abroad throughout all the. ***** Print on Demand *****.
The Book Depository, Guernsey, GY, United Kingdom  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei (EUR 0.00)
2009, ISBN: 112073374X, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: KESSINGER PUB CO, 292 Seiten, L=152mm, B=229mm, H=15mm, Gew.=395gr, [GR: 25500 - TB/Geschichte], [SW: - Literature - Classics / Criticism], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Detailangaben zum Buch - The Catechist's Manual: Or Suggestions for Lecturing on St. Mark's Gospel (1855)
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781120733740
ISBN (ISBN-10): 112073374X
Herausgeber: KESSINGER PUB CO
Gewicht: 0,395 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 06.12.2011 06:33:00
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 06.02.2013 11:43:49
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "The Catechist's Assistant: Or a Mother's Offering to Parents and Sabbath School Teachers (1823)", von "Crissy, James" (9781120733733)
- "The Catechumen's Guide: Prepared with Special Reference to the Wants of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in the United States (1837)", von "Smith, Charles A." (9781120733757)
- "History of the Pirates, the Catechism of the Shamans, Vahram's Chronicle of the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia (1831)", von "Charles Friedrich Neumann" (9781120733726)
- "The Cathedral Bell: A Tragedy, in Five Acts (1839)", von "Jones, Jacob" (9781120733764)
- "The Catastrophe: A Tale of the Nineteenth Century (1833)", von "Rand and Southmayd, And Southmayd" (9781120733719)
- "The Cathedral Church of Bayeux: And Other Historical Relics in Its Neighborhood (1904)", von "Mylne, Robert Scott" (9781120733771)