- 9780813333656 A Revolution of Their Own: Voices of…
- 2900813333662 Revolution of Their Own (Barbara Eng…
- 9780813347028 A Revolution Of Their Own (Engel, B…
- Revolution of Their Own : Voices of Women in Sovie…
- A Revolution Of Their Own (Barbara Engel)
Detailseite wird geladen...
The stories of these eight Russian women offer an extremely rare perspective into personal life in the Soviet era. Some were from the poor peasantry and working class, groups in whose name the revolution was carried out and who sometimes gained unprecedented opportunities after the revolution. Others, born to ?misfortune" as the daughters of nobles, parish priests, or those peasants termed well-to-do, suffered bitterly as enemies to a new government. The women interviewed here speak candidly about family life, work, sexual relations, marriage and divorce, childbirth and childbearing, and legalized abortion and the underground pursuit of such services after abortion was outlawed in 1936.As no previous book has done, A Revolution of Their Own illuminates the harsh reality of women’s daily lives in the Soviet Union as well as reveals the accomplishments made possible by the expanded opportunities that the new Soviet government provided for women. Their stories show why many Russian women continue to take pride in the public achievements of the Soviet period despite, or perhaps because of, the painful price each was made to pay. biographies,europe,feminist theory,gender studies,history,humanities,politics and social sciences,russia,science and math,social science Women's Studies, Westview Press
used Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten
Paperback, [PU: INGRAM PUBLISHER SERVICES US], This collection presents the history of women in the Soviet era by bringing together first-hand accounts of Russian women and their lives. The eight women interviewed for this book represent diverse social backgrounds and geographical regions, but all were born before the Bolshevik revolution., European History
Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei (EUR 0.00)
[EAN: 9780813333663], Gebraucht, guter Zustand, [PU: Westview Press], 0813333660 Satisfaction Guaranteed. Please contact us with any inquiries. We ship daily.
Central Kentucky Book Supply, LLC, Nicholasville, KY, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Versandkosten: EUR 33.96
Westview Press. Used - Good. Textbook only. May have some highlighting or writing inside. May have used stickers on front/back cover. Choose expedited shipping for faster delivery. Nm, Westview Press
Versandkosten: EUR 59.65
[EAN: 9780813333663], Gebraucht, guter Zustand, [PU: Westview Press], 0813333660 Clean and Unmarked Copy.
JVG Books LLC, Westfield, NJ, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Versandkosten: EUR 50.95
Detailangaben zum Buch - A Revolution of Their Own: Voices of Women in Soviet History
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780813333663
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0813333660
Herausgeber: WESTVIEW PR
Gewicht: 0,349 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 29.04.2007 11:14:28
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 16.08.2017 08:11:08
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "A Revolution of Their Own: Voices of Women in Soviet History", von "Anastasia Posadskaia-Vanderbeck, Barbara A. Engel, Sona Hoisington" (0813333652)
- "Champions of Charity: War and the Rise of the Red Cross", von "Hutchinson, John E." (0813333679)
- "Political Capacity and Economic Behavior", von "Marina Arbetman, Jacek Kugler" (0813333644)
- "Twilight of the West", von "Coker, Christopher" (0813333687)
- "The Buchenwald Report", von "Hackett, David A." (0813333636)
- "War and the Illiberal Conscience", von "Coker, Christopher" (0813333695)