- 9780199750634 First Ladies:From Martha Washington…
- 2900195392851 First Ladies: From Martha Washington…
- 9780195166767 First Ladies: From Martha Washington…
- 9780195037685 First Ladies (Betty Boyd Caroli)
- 9780195099447 First Ladies (Betty Boyd Caroli)
- 9780195092288 First Ladies (Caroli, Betty Boyd)
- 9780195056549 First Ladies (Betty Boyd Caroli)
- 9781607516873 First Ladies : From Martha Washingto…
- 9780198020813 First Ladies (Betty Boyd Caroli)
- 9780190669133 First Ladies (Betty Boyd Caroli)
- 9780739416969 The First Ladies (Betty Boyd Caroli)
- 9781568650258 First Ladies (Betty Boyd Caroli)
- 9780199752829 First Ladies: From Martha Washington…
- First Ladies Boyd Caroli, Betty: (Caroli, Betty Bo…
Detailseite wird geladen...
2008, ISBN: 019539285X
Betty Boyd Caroli's engrossing and informative First Ladies is both a captivating read and an essential resource for anyone interested in the role of America's First Ladies. This expanded and updated fourth edition includes Laura Bush's tenure, Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential bid, and anin-depth look at Michelle Obama, one of the most charismatic and appealing First Ladies in recent history. Covering all forty-one women from Martha Washington to Michelle Obama and including the daughters, daughters-in-law, and sisters of presidents who sometimes served as First Ladies, Caroli explores each woman's background, marriage, and accomplishments and failures in office. This remarkably diverselot included Abigail Adams, whose "remember the ladies" became a twentieth-century feminist refrain; Jane Pierce, who prayed her husband would lose the election; Helen Taft, who insisted on living in the White House, although her husband would have preferred a judgeship; Eleanor Roosevelt, whoepitomized the politically involved First Lady; and Pat Nixon, who perfected what some have called "the robot image." They ranged in age from early 20s to late 60s; some received superb educations for their time, while others had little or no schooling. Including the courageous and adventurous, theemotionally unstable, the ambitious, and the reserved, these women often did not fit the traditional expectations of a presidential helpmate. Here then is an engaging portrait of how each First Lady changed th americas,biographical,biographies,biographies and history,biography and history,historical,history,humanities,leaders and notable people,memoirs Humanities, Oxford University Press, Incorporated
used. Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten.
This expanded and updated fourth edition will present Caroli's keen political analysis and astute observation of recent developments in First Lady history, including the last years of Laura Bush's tenure, ex-First Lady Hillary Clinton's historic presidential bid, and Michelle Obama's remarkable first year. History History eBook, Oxford University Press
2010, ISBN: 9780195392852
Oxford University Press. Paperback. 019539285X LIKE NEW/UNREAD!!! Text is Clean and Unmarked! Has a small black line on the bottom/exterior edge of pages. . Fine. 2010-07-15. 4., Oxford University Press, 2010-07-15
Versandkosten: EUR 14.31
First Ladies: From Martha Washington to Michelle Obama First-Ladies~~Betty-Caroli U.S. History>U.S. History>U.S. History Paperback, Oxford University Press
new Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten.
2010, ISBN: 9780195392852
Softcover book. 437 pages. Published by Oxford University Press, USA (2010) Media > Book, [PU: Oxford University Press]
used in stock. Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten.
Detailangaben zum Buch - First Ladies: From Martha Washington to Michelle Obama
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780195392852
ISBN (ISBN-10): 019539285X
Herausgeber: Oxford University Press
Buch in der Datenbank seit 2010-04-19T16:33:04+02:00 (Berlin)
Detailseite zuletzt geändert am 2019-07-16T12:06:01+02:00 (Berlin)
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "Moving to Opportunity: The Story of an American Experiment to Fight Ghetto Poverty", von "de Souza Briggs, Xavier / Popkin, Susan J. / Goering, John" (9780195392845)
- "Understanding Trademark Law: A Beginner's Guide", von "Tancs, Linda A." (9780195392869)
- "e-Study Guide for", von "Reviews, Cram101 Textbook" (9780195392876)
- "Tibetan Ritual", von "Jose Ignacio Cabezon" (9780195392821)
- "New Oxford American Dictionary, Third Edition", von "Available Not Available" (9780195392883)
- "Tibetan Ritual", von "Ignacio Cabezon, Jose" (9780195392814)