- 9781859843635 Hollow City: The Siege of San Franci…
- 9781594747359 Hollow City: The Second Novel of Mis…
- 9781594747175 Hollow City (Ransom Riggs)
- 2901859843634 Hollow City (Rebecca Solnit)
- Hollow City: The Siege of San Francisco and the Cr…
Detailseite wird geladen...
California's Bay Area is home to nearly a third of the venture capital and internet businesses in the United States, generating a boom economy and a massive influx of well-paid workers that has transformed the face of San Francisco. Once the great anomaly among American cities, San Francisco is today only the most dramatically affected among the many urban centers experiencing cultural impoverishment as a result of new forms and distributions of wealth. A collaboration between writer-hiostorian Rebecca Solnit and photographer Susan Schwartzenberg, "Hollow City" surveys San Francisco's transformation--skyrocketing residential and commercial rents that are driving out artists, activists, nonprofit organizations and the poor; the homogenization of the city's architecture, industries and population; the decay of its public life; and the erasure of its sites of civic memory. Written as a tour of the city's distinctive characters and locales, Solnit's text grounds the current evictions in earlier histories of urban renewal and the economic geography of artists, from Haussmann's impact on the Paris of Baudelaire, to the relationship between the Beats and San Francisco's African-American community during 'negro removal' of the 1950s. She investigates the ways wealth is now clear-cutting the cultural richness of American urban life, erasing space for idealism, dissent, memory and vulnerable populations. Schwartzenberg's photo-essays document the profusion of construction and demolitio architecture,arts music and photography,buildings,city planning and urban development,politics and government,politics and social sciences,public affairs and policy,social sciences,sociology,specific demographics Arts, Music & Photography, Verso Books
used. Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten.
[EAN: 9781859847947], Gebraucht, guter Zustand, [PU: Verso], Spine creases, wear to binding and pages from reading. May contain limited notes, underlining or highlighting that does affect the text. Possible ex library copy, thatâ€™ll have the markings and stickers associated from the library. Accessories such as CD, codes, toys, may not be included.
Hippo Books, Toledo, OH, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK. Versandkosten: EUR 3.37
Hardback, [PU: Verso Books], Reporting from the frontlines of gentrification in San Francisco's Mission District, the author deplores the skyrocketing rents and corporate buy-outs that may be coming soon to a neighbourhood near you., Residential Buildings, Domestic Buildings, City & Town Planning - Architectural Aspects, Urban Communities, Urban & Municipal Planning
Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei. (EUR 0.00)
2001, ISBN: 9781859847947
Crown Pub. Hardcover. New. New. New. Brand New: This item is brand new unopened, never used and still in its original manufacturer condition., Crown Pub, Verso, 2001-01. Hardcover. Good., Verso, 2001-01
9132589 CANADA INC, Ergodebooks
Versandkosten: EUR 12.49
Hollow City : The Siege of San Francisco and the Crisis of American Urbanism - gebunden oder broschiert
[EAN: 9781859847947], Gebraucht, sehr guter Zustand, [PU: Verso Books], Ex-Library Book - will contain Library Markings. This book shows minor wear and is in very good condition.
ThriftBooks - Blue Cloud, Phoenix, AZ, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK. Versandkosten: EUR 5.92
Detailangaben zum Buch - Hollow City: The Siege of San Francisco and the Crisis of American Urbanism
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781859847947
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1859847943
Gewicht: 0,612 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 15.05.2007 22:39:23
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 05.12.2017 11:35:51
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "The Mediocracy, The: French Philosophy Since the Mid-1970s", von "Dominique Lecourt, Gregory Elliott" (1859847935)
- "Banking on Death: Or, Investing in Life: The History and Future of Pensions", von "Blackburn, Robin" (1859847951)
- "Did Somebody Say Totalitarianism?: Four Interventions in the (MIS)use of a Notion (Wo Es War)", von "Slavoj Zizek" (1859847927)
- "Cuba on My Mind: Journeys to a Severed Nation", von "de la Campa, Roman" (1859847900)
- "The Many-headed Hydra: The Hidden History of the Revolutionary Atlantic", von "Peter Linebaugh, Marcus Rediker" (1859847986)
- "A New Generation Draws the Line: Kosovo, East Timor and the Standards of the West", von "Noam Chomsky" (1859847897)