Detailseite wird geladen...
It will soon be a hundred years since the death of Anton Chekhov. He was apt to remark that immortality is rubbish, but what has happened to his creative legacy in the last century matches all of man s metaphors that express the idea of immortality. And the process continues, overcoming boundaries of time and space, and taking different form in different countries. In this luminous book of criticism, Chekhov s foremost Russian interpreter offers to Western readers a remarkably clear and commanding appraisal of the master s work. Vladimir Kataev concerns himself chiefly with Chekhov s unique treatment of a wide range of diverse themes, motifs, and situations. With ringing authority and critical common sense, he examines Chekhov s major tales, stories, and plays, pointing out patterns of development in Chekhov s approach to characters and themes, and tracing the roots of Chekhov s ideas as expressed through his plots. The hallmark of Mr. Kataev s interpretations is their clarity. No one who has endured tortuous explanations of Chekhov will fail to welcome his lucid criticism. With his careful arguments, he quietly undermines many conventional (and persistent) approaches to Chekhov, Western as well as Russian, and establishes a radically new position of his own. 19th century,20th century,criticism and theory,drama,history,history and criticism,literary criticism,literary criticism and collections,literature and fiction,modern (16th-21st centuries) History, Dee Publisher, Ivan R.
used. Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten.
Ivan R. Dee. PAPERBACK. 1566635233 Very Good Condition. Five star seller - Buy with confidence! . Very Good., Ivan R. Dee
Versandkosten: EUR 32.57
2003, ISBN: 9781566635233
Ivan R Dee, 2003-07-21. Paperback. Good., Ivan R Dee, 2003-07-21
Versandkosten: EUR 10.86
in stock. Versandkosten:Usually dispatched within 24 hours. (EUR 0.00)
Detailangaben zum Buch - If Only We Could Know!: An Interpretation of Chekhov
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781566635233
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1566635233
Herausgeber: IVAN R DEE INC
Gewicht: 0,331 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 16.10.2007 16:37:43
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 09.01.2018 21:20:07
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "Mao: A Reinterpretation", von "Feigon, Lee" (1566635225)
- "Lives of the Mind: The Use and Abuse of Intelligence from Hegel to Wodehouse", von "Kimball, Roger" (1566635241)
- "Enemies of the State: Personal Stories from the Gulag", von "Donald T Critchlow" (1566635217)
- "In Search of Ancient Ireland: The Origins of the Irish from Neolithic Times to the Coming of the English", von "McCaffrey, Carmel; Eaton, Leo" (156663525X)
- "Twentieth-Century Attitudes: Literary Powers in Uncertain Times", von "Allen, Brooke" (1566635209)
- "Moving Pictures: Memories of a Hollywood Prince", von "Schulberg, Budd" (1566635268)