Detailseite wird geladen...
2009, ISBN: 1120267544, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: KESSINGER PUB CO, 36 Seiten, L=216mm, B=280mm, H=2mm, Gew.=109gr, [GR: 21110 - TB/Belletristik/Romane/Erzählungen], [SW: - Literature - Classics / Criticism], Kartoniert/Broschiert Purchase of this book includes free trial access to www.million-books.com where you can read more than a million books for free. This is an OCR edition with typos. Excerpt from book: JAMES BRIDGER A T this late day it is a very difficult undertaking to attempt - to write a connected history of a man who spent a long life on the plains and in the mountains, performing deeds and rendering services of inestimable value to this country, but who, withal, was so modest that he has not bequeathed to his descendants one written word concerning the stirring events which filled his active and useful life. It is both a duty and pleasure to make public such information as I possess and have been able to gather concerning James Bridger, and it is eminently proper and appropriate that this information should be published at the time when his remains are removed to the beautiful spot where they will forever rest, and a simple monument erected that posterity may know something of the remarkable man whose body lies beside it. James Bridger was born in Richmond, Virginia, March 17, 1804. He was the son of James and Schloe Bridger. The father at one time kept a hotel in Richmond, and also had a large farm in Virginia. In 1812 he migrated to St. L,ouis and settled on Six Mile Prairie. He was a surveyor, working in St. Louis and Illinois. His business kept him continually from home, and when his wife died in 1816 he was away from home at the time, and three little children were left alone. One, a son, soon died, the second?a daughter, and the third?the subject of this sketch. The father had a sister, who took charge of the children and farm. In the fall of 1817 the father died leaving the two children entirely alone with their aunt on the farm. They were of Scotch descent. Their father's sister married John Tyler, who was afterwards President of the United Ssates, and was, therefore, uncle by marriage to James Bridger. After the death of his father and mother Bridger h...
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Detailangaben zum Buch - Biographical Sketch of James Bridger: Mountainer, Trapper and Guide (1905)
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781120267542
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1120267544
Herausgeber: KESSINGER PUB CO
Gewicht: 0,109 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 05.01.2010 13:24:18
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 11.10.2011 23:36:22
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "Biographical Sketch of Feramorz Little (1890)", von "Little, James Alexander" (9781120267535)
- "Biographical Sketch of James G. Carter: With His Outline of a Plan of an Institution for the Education of Teachers (1858)", von "Carter, James Gordon" (9781120267559)
- "Biographical Memoir of William J. Duane (1868)", von "Duane, William" (9781120267528)
- "Biographical Sketch of Cornelius Berry: To Which Is Subjoined the Sermon Preached on the Occasion of His Death (1865)", von "Hayden, John" (9781120267566)
- "Biographical Memoir of Washington Lemuel Atlee (1879)", von "Drysdale, Thomas Murray" (9781120267511)
- "Biographical Sketches of the Characters Composing the Cabinet of Composition Figures (1803)", von "Curtius, Philippe Guillaume Mathe" (9781120267573)