Detailseite wird geladen...
2000, ISBN: 9780821349809
The speeches in this collection-all delivered since Nicholas Stern became Chief Economist of the World Bank in July 2000-reflect insights that Mr. Stern has gained over more than three decades of study and work in development economics. Together they provide an analysis of development experience and an agenda for action in the coming years. In his introduction, the author explains the evolution The speeches in this collection-all delivered since Nicholas Stern became Chief Economist of the World Bank in July 2000-reflect insights that Mr. Stern has gained over more than three decades of study and work in development economics. Together they provide an analysis of development experience and an agenda for action in the coming years. In his introduction, the author explains the evolution of his ideas, starting with early work in Africa and India, within the larger context of changes in development thinking and strategy. The speeches that follow draw on his varied experience and on the research findings and operational experience of the World Bank. The first speech provides an overview of the past five decades of development. Speeches that follow explore current development issues in India, Indonesia, Pakistan, and China. A strategy for development is then outlined: building an economic climate that facilitates investment and growth, and empowering poor people to participate in that growth. A concluding speech examines the role of the international financial institutions in promoting investment and overcoming poverty. Books, Business, Finance and Law~~Economics~~Development Economics, A Strategy For Development~~Book~~9780821349809~~Nicholas Stern, , , , , , , , , ,, [PU: World Bank]
MPN: , SKU 6414051 Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten
2001, ISBN: 9780821349809
194 Seiten, This book contains eight speeches/lectures by Nicholas Stern during his first year as Chief Economist and Senior Vice President of the World Bank (2000-2001). Case studies of India, Indonesia, Pakistan and China are included. The final chapter examines the links between the investment climate for investment and growth, and poverty reduction., Business & Economics, World Bank Publications
Versandkosten:Download, kostenloses E-Book (EUR 0.00)
2002, ISBN: 0821349805
[EAN: 9780821349809], Gebraucht, wie neu, [PU: World Bank Publications], Business & Economics|Development|General, Business & Economics|Nonprofit Organizations & Charities, Ships from the UK. Book in almost Brand New condition.
Better World Books Ltd, Dunfermline, FIF, United Kingdom  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Versandkosten: EUR 4.75
2014, ISBN: 0821349805
[EAN: 9780821349809], Neubuch, [PU: WORLD BANK PUBN 01/01/2014], New Book. This item is printed on demand. Shipped from UK. This item is printed on demand.
Books2Anywhere, Fairford, GLO, United Kingdom  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK Versandkosten: EUR 9.04
Paperback, [PU: World Bank Publications], Development Economics
Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei (EUR 0.00)
A Strategy for Development
Detailangaben zum Buch - A Strategy for Development
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780821349809
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0821349805
Herausgeber: WORLD BANK PUBN
Gewicht: 0,304 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 21.10.2007 19:21:38
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 25.12.2016 01:52:32
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "The Next Ascent: An Evaluation of the Aga Khan Rural Support Program, Pakistan", von "Patterson, Charles H.; World Bank, Policy; Nelson, Ridley S. M." (0821349791)
- "Annual World Bank Conference on Development Economics 2000", von "Boris Pleskovic, Nicholas Stern" (0821349813)
- "A Sourcebook for Poverty Reduction Strategies", von "Jeni Klugman, Jeni Klugman" (0821349783)
- "The Current Regulatory Framework Governing Business in Bulgaria (World Bank Technical Papers)", von "O'Brien, Thomas; Filipov, Christian" (0821349821)
- "The Development of Property Taxation in Economies in Transition: Case Studies from Central and Eastern Europe (WBI Learning Resources Series)", von "Jane H. Malme (Editor), Joan M. Youngman (Editor)" (082134983X)
- "Development Finance Institutions: Measuring Their Subsidy", von "Schreiner, Mark; Yaron, Jacob" (0821349848)