- 9781135224516 International Law and the Protection…
- 9781465810663 Protection of Cultural Heritage in I…
- 9781135224509 International Law and the Protection…
- 9780415684170 International Law and the Protection…
- 2940011451355 Protection of Cultural Heritage in I…
Detailseite wird geladen...
The world's cultural heritage is under threat from war, illicit trafficking, social and economic upheaval, unregulated excavation and neglect. Over a period of almost fifty years, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation has adopted five international conventions that attempt to protect this cultural heritage. This book comprehensively and critically considers these five UNESCO cultural heritage conventions. The book looks at the conventions in the context of recent events that have exposed the dangers faced by cultural heritage, including the destruction of cultural heritage sites in Iraq and the looting of the Baghdad museum, the destruction the Buddhas of Bamiyan in Afghanistan, the salvage of artefacts from the RMS Titanic and the illicit excavation and trade in Chinese, Peruvian and Italian archaeological objects. As the only existing work to consider all five of the cultural heritage conventions adopted by UNESCO, the book acts as an introduction to this growing area of international law. However, the book does not merely describe the conventional principles and rules, but, critically evaluates the extent to which these international law principles and rules provide an effective and coherent international law framework for the protection of cultural heritage. It is suitable not only for those schooled in the law, but also for those who work with cultural heritage in all its manifestations seeking a broad but critical consideration of this important area of international law. Social Science Social Science eBook, Taylor and Francis
2010, ISBN: 0415467810
[EAN: 9780415467810], New book, [PU: Routledge], Law|Military, Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: Setting out the international law principles and rules derived from the various international conventions that address cultural heritage in its various manifestations, this book critically evaluates the extent to which these international laws provide an effective and coherent framework for the protection of cultural heritage.
Book Deals, Lewiston, NY, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (of 5)]
NEW BOOK Versandkosten: EUR 102.79
[EAN: 9780415467810], New book, [PU: Routledge], Law|Military, BRAND NEW Hardcover - 480pp - This title is now printed on demand - please allow added time for shipment! A Brand New Quality Book from a Full-Time Bookshop in business since 1992!
C. Clayton Thompson - Bookseller, BOONE, NC, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (of 5)]
NEW BOOK Versandkosten: EUR 37.00
2010, ISBN: 9780415467810
Hardcover, New book, 0415467810 New Condition *** Right Off the Shelf | Ships within 2 Business Days ~~~ Customer Service Is Our Top Priority! -Thank you for LOOKING: -), [PU: Routledge]
[EAN: 9780415467810], Neubuch, [PU: Taylor & Francis Group], pp. 480 0
Alden Books, New York, NY, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK Versandkosten: EUR 6.18
Detailangaben zum Buch - International Law and the Protection of Cultural Heritage
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780415467810
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0415467810
Herausgeber: ROUTLEDGE CHAPMAN & HALL
Buch in der Datenbank seit 19.10.2009 11:37:11
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 06.11.2016 19:53:17
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "Making Anti-Racial Discrimination Law: A Comparative History of Social Action and Anti-Racial Discrimination Law", von "Solanke, Iyiola" (9780415467803)
- "Introducing Vocabulary", von "Knowles; Murray" (9780415467827)
- "New Governance and the European Employment Strategy", von "Velluti Samantha; Velluti, Samantha" (9780415467797)
- "Introducing Vocabulary", von "Knowles, Murray" (0415467837)
- "Changing Teacher Professionalism: International Trends, Challenges and Ways Forward", von "Gewirtz Sharon; Gewirtz, Sharon" (9780415467780)
- "Centralized Enforcement, Legitimacy and Good Governance in the EU", von "Smith, Melanie K." (9780415467841)