Detailseite wird geladen...
Theory of mind is the phrase researchers use to refer to children's understanding of people as mental beings, who have beliefs, desires, emotions, and intentions, and whose actions and interactions can be interpreted and explained by taking account of these mental states. The gradual development of children's theory of mind, particularly during the early years, is by now well described in the research literature. What is lacking, however, is a decisive explanation of how children acquire this understanding. Recent research has shown strong relations between children's linguistic abilities and their theory of mind. Yet exactly what role these abilities play is controversial and uncertain. The purpose of this book is to provide a forum for the leading scholars in the field to explore thoroughly the role of language in the development of the theory of mind. This volume will appeal to students and researchers in developmental and cognitive psychology. Books, [PU: Oxford University Press]
Nr. Versandkosten:, , zzgl. Versandkosten.
Theory of mind" is the phrase researchers use to refer to children's understanding of people as mental beings. This book aims to provide a forum for the scholars in the field to explore the role of language in the development of the theory of mind. It is intended for students and researchers in developmental and cognitive psychology. Psychology & Psychiatry Psychology & Psychiatry eBook, Oxford University Press
Why Language Matters for Theory of Mind Author :Janet Wilde Astington 9780195159912 0195159918, [PU: Oxford University Press]
new Versandkosten: EUR 0.00
NA Language, Oxford University Press
new Versandkosten:plus verzendkosten, zzgl. Versandkosten
Detailangaben zum Buch - Why Language Matters for Theory of Mind
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780195159912
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0195159918
Herausgeber: OXFORD UNIV PR
Gewicht: 0,660 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 10.11.2007 00:24:13
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 17.10.2017 12:10:31
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "The Morphosyntax of Complement-Head Sequences: Clause Structure and Word Order Patterns in Kwa", von "Aboh, Enoch Olade; Schefler, Samuel" (019515990X)
- "Discovering Modernism: T. S. Eliot and His Context", von "Menand, Louis" (9780195159929)
- "The Morphosyntax of Complement-Head Sequences: Clause Structure and Word Order Patterns in Kwa (Oxford Studies in Comparative Syntax)", von "Enoch Olad? Aboh" (0195159896)
- "The Militant Suffrage Movement: Citizenship and Resistance in Britain, 1860-1930", von "Mayhall, Laura E. Nym" (0195159934)
- "Deflating Existential Consequence: A Case for Nominalism", von "Azzouni, Jody" (0195159888)
- "The New physics and cosmology: Dialogues with the Dalai Lama", von "Editor-Arthur Zajonc; Contributor-Zara Houshmand" (0195159942)