- 9780195066500 Samuel Barber: The Composer And His…
- 9780195358100 Samuel Barber The Composer and His M…
- 9781423491262 Samuel Barber: 65 Songs: High Voice…
- 5020679571651 Samuel Barber
- 9780199744640 Samuel Barber: A Thematic Catalogue…
- 9780195033502 The Social Condition of Humanity: An…
- 9780195027341 Social Condition of Humanity: An Int…
- 9780585357614 Samuel Barber (Barbara B Heyman)
- 9780199879892 The Composer and His Music (Samuel B…
- New - Samuel Barber: The Composer and His Music (B…
- The Social Condition of Humanity; An Introduction…
- 13 SONGS FOR HIGH VOICE + PIANO (Gabriel Faure)
Detailseite wird geladen...
1999, ISBN: 0195090586
[EAN: 9780195090581], Neubuch, [PU: Oxford University Press Inc, United States], Biography & Autobiography|Musicians & Composers, Biography & Autobiography|General, Language: English . Brand New Book ***** Print on Demand *****. Samuel Barber (1910-1981) was one of the most important and honoured American composers of the twentieth century. Writing in a great variety of musical forms - symphonies, concertos, operas, vocal music, chamber music - he infused his works with poetic lyricism and gave tonal language and forms new vitality. His rich legacy includes such famous compositions as the Adagio for Strings, the orchestral song Knoxville: Summer of 1915, three concertos, and his two operas, the Pulitzer Prize-winning Vanessa and Antony and Cleopatra, a commissioned work that opened the new Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center. Generously documented by letters, sketchbooks, original musical manuscripts, and interviews with friends, colleagues and performers with whom he worked, this is the first book to cover Barber s entire career and all of his compositions. The biographical material on Barber is closely interspersed with a discussion of his music, displaying Barber s creative processes at work from his early student compositions to his mature masterpieces. Heyman also provides the social context in which this major composer grew: his education, how he built his career, the evolving musical tastes of American audiences, his relationship to musical giants like Serge Koussevitzky, and the role of radio in the promotion of his music. A testament to the significance of the new Romanticism, Samuel Barber stands as a model biography of an important American musical figure.
The Book Depository US, London, United Kingdom  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK. Versandkosten: EUR 0.57
1994, ISBN: 0195090586
[EAN: 9780195090581], Gebraucht, wie neu, [PU: Oxford Paperbacks/ Oxford University Press, Oxford, England and New York], BIOGRAPHY, MUSIC STUDIES, Biography & Autobiography|Musicians & Composers, Biography & Autobiography|General, 586 pp. Clean, fresh copy with very light shelf wear, crisp pages and clean text.
gearbooks, The Bronx, NY, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK. Versandkosten: EUR 19.73
1994, ISBN: 0195090586
[EAN: 9780195090581], Neubuch, [PU: Oxford Univ Pr on Demand], Biography & Autobiography|Musicians & Composers, Biography & Autobiography|General, reprint edition. 604 pages. 9.25x6.25x1.50 inches. In Stock.
Revaluation Books, Exeter, United Kingdom  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK. Versandkosten: EUR 7.94
Samuel Barber: The Composer and His Music Samuel-Barber~~Barbara-B-Heyman Music>Classical>Classical Paperback, Oxford University Press, USA
new Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten.
1994, ISBN: 0195090586
[EAN: 9780195090581], [PU: Oxford University Press]
BookStore Independent, Memphis, TN, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
Versandkosten: EUR 29.61
Detailangaben zum Buch - Samuel Barber: The Composer and His Music
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780195090581
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0195090586
Herausgeber: OXFORD UNIV PR
Gewicht: 0,912 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 12.04.2007 04:16:46
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 16.11.2017 23:29:00
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "The Rise of Gospel Blues: The Music of Thomas Andrew Dorsey in the Urban Church", von "Harris, Michael W." (0195090578)
- "The New Oxford Guide to Writing", von "Kane, Thomas S." (0195090594)
- "The Family in the Western World: From the Black Death to the Industrial Age", von "Gottlieb, Beatrice" (019509056X)
- "The Creation of Feminist Consciousness: From the Middle Ages to Eighteen-Seventy", von "Lerner, Gerda" (0195090608)
- "The Works of Alice Dunbar-Nelson: Volume 1 (Schomburg Library of Nineteenth-Century Black Women Writers)", von "Alice Dunbar-Nelson" (0195090551)
- "Islam and the West", von "Lewis, Bernard W." (0195090616)