Use the meta book search eurobuch.com
With eurobuch.com you look through the offer of nearly 60 000 second hand bookshops, returns and new book merchants centrally and in a justifiable time. 210 million titles can be ordered immediately. You reach the highest hit quota. Eurobuch.com replaces the tiresome search by various internet sources and book databases.
Eurobuch.com themselves do not own any books. Eurobuch.com cannot carry out for you any searches, nor can they order books for you. You order the books you desire from the offerer.
In case you do not find a book, eurobuch.com will find it for you with the aid of the blackboard.
Description of function
In order to understand the functionality and in order to be able to search efficiently please read the following passage.
- Detail search
- To order
- Cancel an order
- Additional features of registered users
- Description of the books
Click in your search criterion (such as author, title, year, ...) in the search mask. State if you want to buy only from professional offerers and/or from private persons, and whether you look for second hand or for new books, or if you are looking for offers in German or in English.
Do not click whole titles in the fields such as author, title, head ord. It is It is sufficient - and mostly it also brings better results - if you put in important keywords of the authors name or the title. When you click the author, do not include the first name. Many second hand book shop merchants shorten the Christian name merely with one letter. Therefore it is a disadvantage to state the authors first name. When choosing the words to be clicked into the fields try to use words which apppear as seldom as possible in other book titles. Words with less than 3 letters you need not mention anyway, such words will be ignored. Do avoid punctuation marks (fullstop, comma, hyphen etc.) in your search. You can never be sure, whether the second hand book merchant states the title in that way. If you put in a title with quotation marks (") eurobuch.com is looking for exactly this title (including punctuation marks and spaces). Eurobuch.com does not support wildcards (such as * or % etc.). The reason for this is that unfortunately the connected platforms have no standardized system. Therefore it is useful to effect several searches in case there exist several kinds of notation.
Print on demand:
In case you do not want that one word appears on the search result simply put a minus ("-") in front of the word.
In the field "keyword" you can search a year limit.
Only books appear which are bearing the year date 1930 until 1950. You can also put in <1930, that means that only books appear which were published prior to 1930. Vice versa >1950 effects the search for books published after 1950.
Please take notice that we do not know the publishing year of all books, (e.g. in case the second hand book merchant does not put this in, or in case the platforms do not inform us about these data).
Because of the fact that the field year of appearance (resp the year date on principle) as a rule is not submitted to us separately by the market places, a search for year dates makes sense only when the author and/or title is fed in. Eurobuch.com examine the results coming from the market places in the relevant text fields as to "sensible" year date. In this way eurobuch.com finds out the year of publishing.
In case you look for ISBN-numbers, click in only the ISBN-number of the wanted book. Please take notice that many second hand book merchants do not feed in the ISBN-number of the book. Therefore the search for ISBN-numbers often is not very successful. Then you also can carry out a search for author and title (without clicking in the ISBN-number). This mostly gives better results. In case you do not know the author and /ort title of a special ISBN-number, you can look for this ISBN-number at the library in Frankfurt.
In case ISBN "-" is chicked on, in the search results only books appear for which no ISBN number is given. However please pay attention that often books appear which do have an ISBN number, but the second hand book dealer just had not stated the ISBN number for them.
Double results Owing to the fact that most of the secon hand book shops have listed their books with several offerers so that they are present in the net and reach good sales, it can happen that the same title from the same second hand book shop appears several times.
Puting results in a row: The granting of the first place for a result is carried out strictly regarding the speed of the arrival. After that you also can classify the results according to various criterion (author, price, etc.) and refine them.
With the aid of further search criterion which can be read back you can restrict your search in order to make it more exact.
In order to really buy a book, to click "order". Then you come either
- directly to the order form of the specific offerer,
- or on the detail site of the specific offerer, where you can click the store basket function for making an order,
- or in case it is a matter of eurobuch new book articles- you get to eurobuch to the relevant new book stock basket.
Cancel an order:
We do not record your orders. Therefore eurobuch.com cannot carry out cancellations for you. If you want to cancel an order do contact the salesman in question. You will find the mail adress of the salesman on the order confirmation email.
Additional features of registered users:
Eurobuch.com offers several additional services for registered user. Here you will find a list of the different kinds of membership.
Description of the books:
The data of the different book entries are fed in by the second hand book shop or the private salesman in question. There is no norm, only handed down terms.
- 2º - height over 35 cm
- 4º - height 25 - 35 cm
- 8º - height 20 - 25 cm
- Abb. - Abbildungen, pictures
- A., Aufl. - Auflage, edition
- Bd(e). Band, - Bände, volume, volumes
- besch. - beschädigt, damaged
- Bibl. - Bilbliothek, libary
- br.,brosch. - broschiert, stitched, paperback
- Bd(e). Band, - Bände, volume, volumes
- EA, - Erstausgabe / erste Auflage, first edition
- Expl. - Exemplar, copy
- Fol. Folio, - Blatt, foils - pages
- Front. Frontispiz, - Titelbild, frontispiece
- geb. - gebunden, bound
- Hrsg. - Herausgeber, editor
- Hldr. - Halbleder, halfleather
- Hln. - Halbleinen, halflinen
- Ill. - Illustration
- Jg., - Jahrgang, year
- kart., - kartoniert, paperback
- Kat., - Katalog, catalogues
- kol., - koloriert, coloured
- kplt., - komplett, complete
- läd. - lädiert, damaged
- Ldr., - Leder, leather
- Lith., - Lithographie, lithography
- Lwd., - Leinwand, linen
- O./Orig., - Original
- OHldr. - Original-Halblederband, original halfleather volume
- OHln. - Original Halbleinen, original halflinen
- OLn. Original-Leineno, original linen
- OU. Original-Umschlag, original cover
- Pbd., - Pappband, cardboard volume
- Portr. - Portrait
- priv sign. - vom Vorbesitzer signiert, signed by previous owner
- sign. - vom Autor signiert, signed by the author
- Schu., - Schutzumschlag, protective cover
Zusätzlich bei E-Bay:; additionally at EBay
- [BC:n] - Bid-Count: Number of bits already arrived.
- [LT:n] - Listing Type: kind of entry "FixedPriceItem" is an item to a fixed price, everything else is an auction.
- [ST:n] - Shipping Type: how shipping carried out.
- [SC:n] - Shipping Costs: average shipping costs.
- [ST:Zeit] - Start Time: start time of auction.
- [ET:Zeit] - End Time: endtime of auction.