Detailseite wird geladen...
2007, ISBN: 9789004157248
BRILL, 2007., Hardback, xii, 276 pp. 4 illus., This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Hardback - There are no book-length studies in any language on the military career of King Henry II of England (1154-1189). Historians have generally regarded his warfare as cautious and limited, and the king himself, while noted for his considerable political and legal accomplishments, is not considered one of the great commanders of the Middle Ages. This book reexamines the medieval evidence and situates Henry II within the context of practiced warfare of the twelfth century. It sketches a narrative of his military activities from boyhood to death and examines his use of fortifications, manpower, strategy, tactics, and weaponry in the prosecution of war. The result is a revision of the king's military legacy: far from a passive or disinterested general, Henry II sought to vanquish his foes and expand his empire by way of direct military confrontation and was, in reality, a proficient commander of men. - A Medieval Soldier at War, 1147-1189 - 44., Hardback, NEAR FINE.
Herb Tandree Philosophy Books
Versandkosten: EUR 6.50
2007, ISBN: 9004157247, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: BRILL ACADEMIC PUB, 275 Seiten, L=246mm, B=166mm, H=22mm, Gew.=667gr, [GR: 15520 - HC/Geschichte/Allgemeines/Lexika], [SW: - History - General History], Gebunden, Klappentext: Intended as a military biography, this book studies the scope of Henry Plantagenet's warfare during his tenure as count of Anjou, duke of Normandy, and king of England. Relying heavily upon medieval documents, it analyzes his generalship and reexamines his place amongst the important military commanders in English history. Intended as a military biography, this book studies the scope of Henry Plantagenet's warfare during his tenure as count of Anjou, duke of Normandy, and king of England. Relying heavily upon medieval documents, it analyzes his generalship and reexamines his place amongst the important military commanders in English history.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Henry II: A Medieval Soldier at War, 1147-1189 Henry-II~~John-Hosler History>World Hist>World History Hardcover, Brill Academic Publishers, Inc.
new Versandkosten: EUR 0.00
2007, ISBN: 9789004157248
Hardcover, Buch, [PU: Brill]
Versandkosten:Versand in 10-20 Tagen, , Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD (EUR 0.00)
Henry II: A Medieval Soldier at War, 1147-1189
Detailangaben zum Buch - Henry II: A Medieval Soldier at War, 1147-1189
EAN (ISBN-13): 9789004157248
ISBN (ISBN-10): 9004157247
Herausgeber: BRILL ACADEMIC PUB
Gewicht: 0,667 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 29.02.2008 15:27:05
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 09.09.2016 03:42:52
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "The Jeune Ecole: The Strategy of the Weak", von "Roksund, Arne" (9789004157231)
- "A Greek and Arabic Lexicon, Volume 8 B-Bdl: Materials for a Dictionary of the Medieval Translations from Greek Into Arabic", von "Gerhard Endress" (9789004157255)
- "Arab Painting: Text and Image in Illustrated Arabic Manuscripts (Handbook of Oriental Studies: Section 1; The Near and Middle East)", von "Anna Contadini" (9789004157224)
- "Money and Violence: Financial Self-Help Groups in a South African Township", von "Bahre, Erik" (9789004157262)
- "Narrative of the Anabaptist Madness: The Overthrow of Munster, the Famous Metropolis of Westphalia", von "Kerssenbrock, Hermann Von" (9789004157217)
- "Interpretation, Revision and Other Recourse from International Judgments and Awards", von "Rosenne, Shabtai" (9789004157279)