The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars.The Age of Enlightenment profoundly enriched religious and philosophical understanding and continues to influence present-day thinking. Works collected here include masterpieces by David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as well as religious sermons and moral debates on the issues of the day, such as the slave trade. The Age of Reason saw conflict between Protestantism and Catholicism transformed into one between faith and logic a debate that continues in the twenty-first century.++++The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:++++Source Library: Cambridge University LibraryESTCID: N026194Notes: With an index and a final advertisement leaf. Also issued in 1708 as: 'Moral reflexions upon select English proverbs'.Imprint: London : printed by H. M. for George Sawbridge, 1708. Collation: ,xxxvii,,280,p. ; 8° Books Books ~~ Religion~~ History Moral-reflexions-upon-select-British-proverbs~~Oswald-Dykes BiblioBazaar
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten
Moral Reflexions Upon Select British Proverbs: Familiarly Accommodated To The Humour And Manners Of The Present Age, ... By Oswald Dykes, ... Oswald Dykes, Books, Religion and Spirituality, Moral Reflexions Upon Select British Proverbs: Familiarly Accommodated To The Humour And Manners Of The Present Age, ... By Oswald Books>Religion and Spirituality
Moral Reflexions Upon Select British Proverbs: Familiarly Accommodated to the Humour and Manners of the Present Age, ... by Oswald Dykes, ... - Taschenbuch
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Gale Ecco, Print Editions, 366 Seiten, L=189mm, B=246mm, H=19mm, Gew.=653gr, [GR: 25420 - TB/Religion/Theologie/Allgemeines/Lexika], [SW: - Religion - Commentaries / Reference], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Moral Reflexions Upon Select British Proverbs: Familiarly Accommodated to the Humour and Manners of the Present Age, ... by Oswald Dykes, ...
Detailangaben zum Buch - Moral Reflexions Upon Select British Proverbs: Familiarly Accommodated to the Humour and Manners of the Present Age, ... by Oswald Dykes, ...
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781171141327
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1171141327
Herausgeber: Gale Ecco, Print Editions
Gewicht: 0,653 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 17.12.2012 12:43:00
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 21.03.2015 02:33:43
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "Parochial Reformation Recommended. a Sermon, Preached on the Sunday Next Before Easter, April the 13th, 1783, at the Parish Church of Nayland, in Suffolk. by William Jones, ...", von "Jones, William" (9781171141310)
- "Strictures on the Form of Swearing by Kissing the Gospels. in a Letter from a Foreign Protestant to His Friend Abroad.", von "Bruce, Archibald" (9781171141334)
- "A Call to Backsliders. a Sermon on Psalm LXXVII. 7, 8. by John Wesley, M.A. the Second Edition.", von "Wesley, John" (9781171141303)
- "The Words of Knowledge. a Sermon Preached December 25, 1755. and Afterwards at Deadman's Place, Southwark. January 4, 1756. by Timothy Lamb. ...", von "Lamb, Timothy" (9781171141341)
- "The Curate's Advice to His Country Parishioners; Or, the Establish'd Religion, in Opposition to Popery. a Sermon Preach'd at G. Gransden ... on the 30", von "Jenings, John" (9781171141297)
- "The Whole Duty of Man, Laid Down in a Plain and Familiar Way for the Use of All, ... with Private Devotions for Several Occasions.", von "Allestree, Richard" (9781171141358)