The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars.The Age of Enlightenment profoundly enriched religious and philosophical understanding and continues to influence present-day thinking. Works collected here include masterpieces by David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as well as religious sermons and moral debates on the issues of the day, such as the slave trade. The Age of Reason saw conflict between Protestantism and Catholicism transformed into one between faith and logic a debate that continues in the twenty-first century.++++The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:++++Source Library: British LibraryESTCID: T055578Notes: Author of the Whole duty of man = Richard Allestree?. With a final leaf of contents.Imprint: [Oxford] : At the Theater in Oxford, 1705. Collation: ,214,p.,plate ; 8° Books Books ~~ Religion~~ History The-art-of-contentment-by-the-author-of-the-Whole-duty-of-man-c~~Richard-Allestree BiblioBazaar
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten
2010, ISBN: 1170573169, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Gale Ecco, Print Editions, 232 Seiten, L=189mm, B=246mm, H=12mm, Gew.=422gr, [GR: 25420 - TB/Religion/Theologie/Allgemeines/Lexika], [SW: - Religion - Commentaries / Reference], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
The art of contentment, by the author of the Whole duty of man, &c. Richard Allestree, Books, Religion and Spirituality, The art of contentment, by the author of the Whole duty of man, &c. Books>Religion and Spirituality
The Art of Contentment, by the Author of the Whole Duty of Man, &C.
Detailangaben zum Buch - The Art of Contentment, by the Author of the Whole Duty of Man, &C.
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781170573167
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1170573169
Herausgeber: Gale Ecco, Print Editions
Gewicht: 0,422 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 04.08.2011 13:00:08
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 21.03.2015 02:24:25
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "The Greatest Good, or the Greatest Evil, Deriv'd to Mankind from the Right Use or Abuse of Religion. in a Sermon Preach'd to the Society of the Gentle", von "Stoughton, William" (9781170573150)
- "The Dramatick Works of Nicholas Rowe, Esq; Volume the Second. ... Volume 1 of 3", von "Rowe, Nicholas" (9781170573174)
- "Twelve Sermons Preached Upon Several Occasions. by John Rogers ... the Second Edition.", von "Rogers, John" (9781170573143)
- "The Dramatick Works of Nicholas Rowe, Esq; Volume the Second. ... Volume 2 of 3", von "Rowe, Nicholas" (9781170573181)
- "A Token of Christian Love: Or, the Fourth Gift of Theophilus Philanthropos, Student in Physick. the Second Edition, Greatly Enlarg'd.", von "Poole, Robert" (9781170573136)
- "The Dramatick Works of Nicholas Rowe, Esq; Volume the Second. ... Volume 3 of 3", von "Rowe, Nicholas" (9781170573198)