The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars.The Age of Enlightenment profoundly enriched religious and philosophical understanding and continues to influence present-day thinking. Works collected here include masterpieces by David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as well as religious sermons and moral debates on the issues of the day, such as the slave trade. The Age of Reason saw conflict between Protestantism and Catholicism transformed into one between faith and logic -- a debate that continues in the twenty-first century.++++The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:++++British LibraryW007243Half-title: Dr. Byles's sermon on conversion. Running title: The nature and importance of conversion. First published in 1732, with Byles' A discourse on the present vileness of the body (Evans 3510). "Felicity found and fixt."--p. , in verse.Boston, New-England : Printed by Thomas and John Fleet, in Cornhill, 1771. 15,p. ; 8° Books Books ~~ Religion~~ History A-sermon-on-the-nature-and-necessity-of-conversion-By-Mather-Byles-DD-Pastor-of-a-church-in-Boston-Two-lines-from-Luke-The-third-edition~~Mather-Byles Gale ECCO, Print Editions
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten
2010, ISBN: 1140922505, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Gale Ecco, Print Editions, 22 Seiten, L=189mm, B=246mm, H=1mm, Gew.=59gr, [GR: 25420 - TB/Religion/Theologie/Allgemeines/Lexika], [SW: - Religion - Commentaries / Reference], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
A Sermon on the Nature and Necessity of Conversion. by Mather Byles, D.D. Pastor of a Church in Boston. [Two Lines from Luke]. the Third Edition. - Taschenbuch
Paperback, [PU: Gale Ecco, Print Editions]
Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei (EUR 0.00)
A Sermon on the Nature and Necessity of Conversion. by Mather Byles, D.D. Pastor of a Church in Boston. [Two Lines from Luke]. the Third Edition.
Detailangaben zum Buch - A Sermon on the Nature and Necessity of Conversion. by Mather Byles, D.D. Pastor of a Church in Boston. [Two Lines from Luke]. the Third Edition.
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781140922506
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1140922505
Herausgeber: Gale Ecco, Print Editions
Gewicht: 0,059 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 24.07.2011 06:24:10
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 09.10.2014 02:37:53
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "Thoughts Moral and Divine; Collected and Intended for the Better Instruction and Conduct of Life. the Second Edition with Improvements: By Wellins Cal", von "Calcott, Wellins" (9781140922490)
- "A Sermon Preached at Lambeth Chapel, on the Consecration of the Right REV. Jonathan Shipley, ... February 12, 1769. by Thomas Balguy, ...", von "Balguy, Thomas" (9781140922513)
- "The Complaint: Or, Night-Thoughts on Life, Death, and Immortality. to Which Is Added, a Paraphrase on Part of the Book of Job.", von "Young, Edward" (9781140922483)
- "Remarks on Mr. David Hume's Essay on the Natural History of Religion: Addressed to the REV. Dr. Warburton. a New Edition.", von "Warburton, William" (9781140922520)
- "A Funeral Sermon on Occasion of the Death of the Late Reverend and Learned Mr. Benjamin Robinson, Who Departed This Life April 30, 1724. ... with So", von "Cumming, John" (9781140922476)
- "Two Sermons Preached at St. Mary's Before the University of Oxford, Feb. 11. 1757. and Mar. 12. 1762. Being the Days Appointed for General Fasting and", von "Burton, John" (9781140922537)