- 9781436295260 The Ivy Chronicles (Karen Quinn)
- 9781419320279 The Ivy Chronicles (Quinn, Karen)
- 9781101381656 The Ivy Chronicles (Karen Quinn)
- 9780452287228 The Ivy Chronicles (Quinn, Karen)
- 9781440626944 Ivy Chronicles (Karen Quinn)
When turbocharged Park Avenue mom Ivy Ames finds she''s been downsized from her high-powered corporate job and her marriage, she swiftly realizes that she''s going to need a whole new way to support herself and her two private-school daughters. At first she does the obvious thing: she panics. Then she decides to put her years of marketing savvy to work and dreams up a brilliant new business - helping upscale New Yorkers get their little darlings into the most exclusive kindergartens in the city. Ivy enters a parent-eat-parent world where the egos are directly proportional to their owners? enormous incomes, peopled by her only-in-Manhattan clients, including: - Lilith Radmore-Stein, a newspaper mogul who is willing risk her entire empire in a demented effort to get her son admitted to Harvard Day - Omar Kutcher (?Kutcher the Butcher?), a cold-blooded mob boss who seeks Ivy''s counsel on whether to bump off or pay off the powers-that-be to get his ?little pistol? into the city''s best all-girls Catholic school - Stu Needleman, Ivy''s most obnoxious client, who threatens to ruin her if she won?t help his four-year-old unibrowed daughter cheat on her kindergarten entrance exam - Willow Bliss and Tiny Herrera, the biracial lesbian parents of an adopted wheelchair-bound black child who is the ?triple crown of diversity? that every school will covet From the backstabbers of corporate America to the leading toddlers of Fifth Avenue, The Ivy Chronicles is more than an insider''s look at this elite and utterly preposterous universe. It is also a tale of midlife reinvention and unexpected romance - for anyone who has ever lost what she holds dear and had to start over again. Karen Quinn, Books, Fiction and Literature, Ivy Chronicles Books>Fiction and Literature What begins as a business move born of pure financial desperation turns into a woman's quest to reinvent herself, and in the process expose the unbelievably preposterous underbelly of Manhattan's elite private school admissions process for five year olds.
2005, ISBN: 0670033812
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: VIKING, 342 Seiten, L=242mm, B=167mm, H=30mm, Gew.=558gr, [GR: I-FC - Fiction - General], Gebunden What begins as a business move born of pure financial desperation turns into a woman's quest to reinvent herself, and in the process expose the unbelievably preposterous underbelly of Manhattan's elite private school admissions process for five year olds.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
The Ivy Chronicles
Detailangaben zum Buch - The Ivy Chronicles
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780670033812
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0670033812
Gewicht: 0,558 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 12.02.2008 00:34:14
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 20.03.2015 03:40:11
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "A Long Long Way: A Novel", von "Sebastian Barry" (9780670033805)
- "What the Dormouse Said: How the 60s Counterculture Shaped the Personal Computer", von "John Markoff" (9780670033829)
- "House: A Memoir", von "Ruhlman, Michael" (9780670033836)
- "Aunt Dimity and the Next of Kin", von "Nancy Atherton" (9780670033782)
- "The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology", von "Ray Kurzweil" (9780670033843)
- "Fairy Tales", von "Hans Christian Andersen, Jackie Wullschlager, Tiina Nunnally" (9780670033775)