The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars.The Age of Enlightenment profoundly enriched religious and philosophical understanding and continues to influence present-day thinking. Works collected here include masterpieces by David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as well as religious sermons and moral debates on the issues of the day, such as the slave trade. The Age of Reason saw conflict between Protestantism and Catholicism transformed into one between faith and logic -- a debate that continues in the twenty-first century.++++The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:++++British LibraryT086047Cork : printed by R. Dobbyn, 1784. pp.108 ; 12° Books Books ~~ Religion~~ History Six-sermons-on-the-liturgy-of-the-Church-of-England-By-Thomas-Secker~~Thomas-Secker Gale ECCO, Print Editions
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten
2010, ISBN: 1171159021, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Gale Ecco, Print Editions, 116 Seiten, L=189mm, B=246mm, H=6mm, Gew.=222gr, [GR: 25420 - TB/Religion/Theologie/Allgemeines/Lexika], [SW: - Religion - Commentaries / Reference], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Six Sermons on the Liturgy of the Church of England. by Thomas Secker, ...
Detailangaben zum Buch - Six Sermons on the Liturgy of the Church of England. by Thomas Secker, ...
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781171159025
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1171159021
Herausgeber: Gale Ecco, Print Editions
Gewicht: 0,222 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 30.11.2011 06:55:02
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 09.10.2014 06:16:57
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "The Friend of Jesus. a Sermon, Preached at Royston, January 4, 1795, on the ... Death of the REV. Habakkuk Crabb, Who Died December 25, 1794, Aged For", von "Palmer, Samuel" (9781171159018)
- "Discourses on the Following Subjects, Viz. Directions How to Hear Sermons. ... an Exhortation to the People of God Not to Be Discouraged in Their Way,", von "Whitefield, George" (9781171159032)
- "The Country Clergyman's Advice to His Parishioners, Explaining What They Are to Believe, and Do, in Order to Be Saved. Addressed Chiefly to Those Who", von "Holmes, William" (9781171159001)
- "The Nature and Excellency of the Duty of Alms-Giving. a Sermon Preach'd at the Parish Church of Saint Giles in the Fields. Sunday November 17th, 1706.", von "Dawes, William" (9781171159049)
- "A Sermon Preach'd Before the Herefordshire Society at St. Michael's Cornhill, London, on Wednesday, February 2. 1725. by Thomas Bullock, ...", von "Bullock, Thomas" (9781171158998)
- "The Power of Faith and Godliness Exemplified, in Some Memoirs of Theophilus Lobb, ... by John Greene.", von "Greene, John" (9781171159056)