The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars.The Age of Enlightenment profoundly enriched religious and philosophical understanding and continues to influence present-day thinking. Works collected here include masterpieces by David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as well as religious sermons and moral debates on the issues of the day, such as the slave trade. The Age of Reason saw conflict between Protestantism and Catholicism transformed into one between faith and logic -- a debate that continues in the twenty-first century.++++The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:++++British LibraryT087295A different work from that by William Vickers. The preface to the 1732 edition was signed: I.B. In: 'The Christian's useful companion', Birmingham, 1776. Signed Iii3 - Ppp2.Derby : printed by T. Trimer, 1778. 44p. ; 8° Books Books ~~ Religion~~ History A-companion-to-the-altar~~See-Notes-Multiple-Contributors Gale ECCO, Print Editions
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten
A Companion To The Altar: Shewing The Nature Of The Preparation Required, ... Unto Which Are Added, Prayers And Medititations See Notes Multiple Contributors, Books, Religion and Spirituality, A Companion To The Altar: Shewing The Nature Of The Preparation Required, ... Unto Which Are Added, Prayers And Medititations Books>Religion and Spirituality
A Companion to the Altar: Shewing the Nature of the Preparation Required, ... Unto Which Are Added, Prayers and Medititations ... - Taschenbuch
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Gale Ecco, Print Editions, 52 Seiten, L=189mm, B=246mm, H=3mm, Gew.=109gr, [GR: 25420 - TB/Religion/Theologie/Allgemeines/Lexika], [SW: - Religion - Commentaries / Reference], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
A Companion to the Altar: Shewing the Nature of the Preparation Required, ... Unto Which Are Added, Prayers and Medititations ...
Detailangaben zum Buch - A Companion to the Altar: Shewing the Nature of the Preparation Required, ... Unto Which Are Added, Prayers and Medititations ...
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781171126935
ISBN (ISBN-10): 117112693X
Herausgeber: Gale Ecco, Print Editions
Gewicht: 0,109 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 30.03.2011 09:15:29
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 21.03.2015 02:33:33
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "The Book of Common Prayer, and Administration of the Sacraments, ... Together with the Psalter ...", von "Multiple Contributors" (9781171126928)
- "The Christian's Useful Companion. Consisting of the Book of Common Prayer, ... with the Psalter ... to Which Is Subjoined, the Companion to the Altar.", von "Multiple Contributors" (9781171126942)
- "Select Psalms and Hymns for the Use of the Parish-Church and Chapels Belonging to the Parish of St. James's Westminster.", von "Multiple Contributors" (9781171126911)
- "The A, B, C, with the Shorter Catechism, Appointed by the General Assembly to Be a Directory for Catechising Such Are of a Weaker Capacity.", von "Multiple Contributors" (9781171126959)
- "The Book of Common Prayer, and Administration of the Sacraments, ... Together with the Psalter ...", von "Multiple Contributors" (9781171126904)
- "Hypotyposis Hygiainonton Logon; A Form of Sound Words: Or, a Scripture-Catechism; Shewing What a Christian Is to Believe and Practise, in Order to ... John Worthington D.D. ... the Sixth Edition.", von "Worthington, John" (9781171126966)