The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars.The Age of Enlightenment profoundly enriched religious and philosophical understanding and continues to influence present-day thinking. Works collected here include masterpieces by David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as well as religious sermons and moral debates on the issues of the day, such as the slave trade. The Age of Reason saw conflict between Protestantism and Catholicism transformed into one between faith and logic a debate that continues in the twenty-first century.++++The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:++++Source Library: British LibraryESTCID: T002344Notes: A satire. At foot of p.1: Preach'd to a private congregation in the year 1733, and occasioned by a sermon on the duty of people to their pastors.Imprint: London : printed for J. Cooper; and P. English, . Collation: ,36p. ; 8° Books Books ~~ Religion~~ History A-laymans-sermon-in-defence-of-priestcraft~~Layman BiblioBazaar
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten
2010, ISBN: 1170440827, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Gale Ecco, Print Editions, 46 Seiten, L=189mm, B=246mm, H=2mm, Gew.=100gr, [GR: 25420 - TB/Religion/Theologie/Allgemeines/Lexika], [SW: - Religion - Commentaries / Reference], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
A layman's sermon in defence of priestcraft. Layman, Books, Religion and Spirituality, A layman's sermon in defence of priestcraft. Books>Religion and Spirituality
A Layman's Sermon in Defence of Priestcraft.
Detailangaben zum Buch - A Layman's Sermon in Defence of Priestcraft.
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781170440827
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1170440827
Herausgeber: Gale Ecco, Print Editions
Gewicht: 0,100 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 14.06.2012 20:02:10
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 21.03.2015 02:22:07
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "The Power of God Over the Constitution of Nature. a Sermon Preached on the General Fast, February 6, 1756. with a Dedication to the Younger Part of th", von "Graham, Robert" (9781170440810)
- "The Duty and Character of a National Soldier, Represented in a Sermon Preached, January 2, 1779. at the High Church in Hull, Before the Nottinghamshir", von "Walker, George" (9781170440834)
- "The Vanity of Crying to God, Unless a People Proceed in the Path He Has Prescribed Them. Illustrated in a Sermon Preached at Maldon in Essex, February", von "Holden, Lawrence" (9781170440803)
- "Awful Providences, Calls to Repentance. a Sermon Preached at Stamford, in the County of Lincoln, on the 6th of February, 1756, Being the Publick Fast", von "Williams, John" (9781170440841)
- "National Corruption and Depravity the Principal Cause of National Disappointments. in a Sermon Preach'd at Aysgarth, on Friday, the 11th of February,", von "DuPont, John" (9781170440797)
- "God's Controversy with the Nations. Addressed to the Rulers and People of Christendom. by Thomas Hartley, M.A. ...", von "Hartley, Thomas" (9781170440858)