The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars.The eighteenth-century fascination with Greek and Roman antiquity followed the systematic excavation of the ruins at Pompeii and Herculaneum in southern Italy; and after 1750 a neoclassical style dominated all artistic fields. The titles here trace developments in mostly English-language works on painting, sculpture, architecture, music, theater, and other disciplines. Instructional works on musical instruments, catalogs of art objects, comic operas, and more are also included. ++++The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:++++British LibraryT112490Attributed to John Gauden. Also sometimes attributed to Jeremy Taylor and to Obadiah Walker. Editor's epistle dedicatory signed: C.G. A reissue, with a cancel titlepage, of: 'A discourse of artificial beauty', London, 1692, first published in 1656 as 'London : printed, and sold by Tho. Ballard, 1701. ,238,p. : ill. ; 12° Books Books ~~ Art~~ History ~~ General Several-letters-between-two-ladies~~John-Gauden BiblioBazaar
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Versandkosten:zzgl. Versandkosten
Several letters between two ladies: wherein the lawfulness and unlawfulness of artificial beauty in point of conscience, are nicely deb John Gauden, Books, Art and Architecture, Several letters between two ladies: wherein the lawfulness and unlawfulness of artificial beauty in point of conscience, are nicel Books>Art and Architecture
Several Letters Between Two Ladies: Wherein the Lawfulness and Unlawfulness of Artificial Beauty in Point of Conscience, Are Nicely Debated. ... - Taschenbuch
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Gale Ecco, Print Editions, 272 Seiten, L=189mm, B=246mm, H=14mm, Gew.=490gr, [GR: 25830 - TB/Kunstgeschichte], [SW: - Art & Art Instruction], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Several Letters Between Two Ladies: Wherein the Lawfulness and Unlawfulness of Artificial Beauty in Point of Conscience, Are Nicely Debated. ...
Detailangaben zum Buch - Several Letters Between Two Ladies: Wherein the Lawfulness and Unlawfulness of Artificial Beauty in Point of Conscience, Are Nicely Debated. ...
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781140689140
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1140689142
Herausgeber: Gale Ecco, Print Editions
Gewicht: 0,490 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 31.03.2012 16:06:23
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 20.03.2015 17:35:28
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "The regal and ecclesiastical antiquities of England: containing the representations of all the English monarchs, from Edward the Confessor to Henry ... illuminated manuscripts. By Joseph Strutt.", von "Strutt, Joseph" (9781140689133)
- "The importance of the island of Minorca and harbour of Port-Mahon, fully and impartially considered. With a history and description of both, in a letter from a merchant to a noble lord.", von "Merchant." (9781140689157)
- "An Arrangement of Provincial Coins, Tokens, and Medalets, Issued in Great Britain, Ireland, and the Colonies, Within the Last Twenty Years; From the", von "Conder, James" (9781140689126)
- "Liberty and Equality; Treated of in a Short History Addressed from a Poor Man to His Equals. the Third Edition.", von "Sneyd, Ralph" (9781140689164)
- "A treatise of the revenue and false money of the Romans. To which is annexed, a dissertation upon the manner of distinguishing antique medals from ... from the original printed at Paris 1740.", von "Chassepol, Franois De" (9781140689119)
- "An Essay on the True Interests and Resources of the Empire of the King of Great-Britain and Ireland, &C. &C. by the Earl of A-H.", von "Stratford, Edward" (9781140689171)