Detailseite wird geladen...
2009, ISBN: 1120267498, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: KESSINGER PUB CO, 32 Seiten, L=216mm, B=280mm, H=2mm, Gew.=100gr, [GR: 21110 - TB/Belletristik/Romane/Erzählungen], [SW: - Literature - Classics / Criticism], Kartoniert/Broschiert Purchase of this book includes free trial access to www.million-books.com where you can read more than a million books for free. This is an OCR edition with typos. Excerpt from book: BIOGRAPHICAL MEMOIR OF JOHN STRONG NEWBERRY. It is more than ten years since our honored associate, Dr. John S. Newberky, died, but that event has not hitherto been commemorated in the archives of the Academy by the usual biographical memoir. Because of the great excellence of his character, and especially because it was long my privilege to call him my friend, I promptly undertook the task that has lately been assigned to me of preparing such a memoir, and I herewith present it to you. John Strong Newberry was born in the town of Windsor, Connecticut, on December 22,1822, and died in the city of New Haven, Connecticut, on December 7, 1892, having then almost completed three score and ten years. He was a man of such prominence in scientific, educational, and national affairs and so much loved and respected by those who knew him, that many biographical sketches of him were published soon after his death. The facts pertaining to his life and labors have been so fully set forth in those sketches that, although I was personally cognizant of a considerable portion of his career, I prefer to use for the historical portion of this memoir much of the material that has been obtained from members of his family and other personal friends and embodied in the publications referred to. The following genealogical notes prepared by one of Dr. Newherry's sons have been extracted from one of those publications: "Thomas Newberry, of Devonshire, England, settled in Dorchester, Massachusetts, about 1630. He died there about 1636, and his widow and children removed to Windsor, Connecticut, about the same year. His son, Captain Benjamin Newberry, was the first named of the seven proprietors to whom Windsor was patented in 1685. He commanded the military of the colony. He left two sons, Thomas, ...
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Versandkosten:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Biographical Memoir of John Strong Newberry, 1822-1892 (1907)
Detailangaben zum Buch - Biographical Memoir of John Strong Newberry, 1822-1892 (1907)
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781120267498
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1120267498
Herausgeber: KESSINGER PUB CO
Gewicht: 0,100 kg
Buch in der Datenbank seit 31.10.2012 18:51:25
Buch zuletzt gefunden am 31.10.2012 18:51:25
ISBN - alternative Schreibweisen:
< zum Archiv...
- "Biographical Memoir of John Montagu: With a Sketch of Some of the Public Affairs Connected with the Colony of the Cape of Good Hope (1855)", von "Newman, William Abiah" (9781120267481)
- "Biographical Memoir of John Wesley Powell, 1834-1902 (1915)", von "Davis, William Morris" (9781120267504)
- "Biographical Memoir of Alpheus Spring Packard, 1839-1905 (1920)", von "Cockerell, Theodore Dru Alison" (9781120267474)
- "Biographical Memoir of Washington Lemuel Atlee (1879)", von "Drysdale, Thomas Murray" (9781120267511)
- "Biographical History of Genesee County, Michigan (1908)", von "B. F. Bowen and Company, F. Bowen and Co" (9781120267467)
- "Biographical Memoir of William J. Duane (1868)", von "Duane, William" (9781120267528)